I thought the meeting was helpful. There are a few changes that were made but several of the services remained the same.
- Occupational Therapy (OT) is increasing services from twice a month to weekly.
- Speech is increasing services from once a month to weekly and will be working on feeding in addition to language development.
- Developmental Therapist -Hearing (DTH) will continue weekly.
- Physical Therapy (PT) will continue weekly.
- Developmental Therapist-Vision (DTV) will continue twice a month.
- Dietitian will continue once a month.
- I spoke with the Mobility and Orientation gal on the phone prior to the meeting and she sent me some information. She won't be added to the team officially until Ethan is up and walking, but she said we could call if we had any questions.
While there were many goals discussed at the meeting, I'll just share a few of my favorite. In the next six months we hope that Ethan will be able to:
- Move forward on the floor (crawl or scoot).
- Hold his own bottle (or sippy cup! if we can make that transition).
- Pick up and self feed finger foods such as puffs, Cheerios, etc.
- Increase use of sign language - signing "more," "food," "milk," regularly to communicate his needs/desires.