- Pray for Ethan's health and for better control of his epilepsy and that he would continue to grow and make progress in his communication and mobility.
- Pray for the discovery of effective treatments and ultimately a cure for peroxisomal disorders and for all of the medical professionals and scientists who are dedicated to finding ways to improve the quality of life of our kids.
- Pray for other families like ours -- families impacted by rare disorders, disability, those in the trenches of fostering and/or adopting, families loving children from hard places, families who are grieving (for any number of reasons).
- Pray for the children who are in foster care and for their birth families. Pray that children would not be stuck in the system one day longer than truly necessary, that children would find permanency in either loving adoptive homes or back with birth families in situations that have been radically transformed and are now healthy and safe for them.
- Pray for Jeff and I. Pray that we will seek God's will for our lives and our family and be the parents that all three of our current children need us to be, each day that they are with us. Pray that we would understand and see what God's plan is as we continue to desire to add to our family, even if ultimately that doesn't mean we get to adopt "our girls."
"Saying Goodbye To The Foster Care Child I Fell In Love With," isn't exactly like our story, but there are a lot of similarities, and gives you a bit of a look into what we have experienced and are now experiencing. We are heartbroken and grieving. We miss them so very much, be we also know that they are loved and that they are happy. This summer as we prepared for this we spoke openly and often about the fact that you can be both happy…