Monthly visit with the dietitian...
Today he weighed in at 21 pounds and 3 ounces (50th percentile) and measured 30 and 1/4 inches long (almost 75th percentile).
We are so proud of our little man. We've come a long way from the early days of his "failure to thrive" diagnosis and visiting Dr. Smith's office every day to get weighed in just to make sure he was gaining weight and staying hydrated.... wow, what an answer to prayers.
- Please continue to keep Ethan in your prayers. PBDs are unpredictable and although he is doing really great with his weight right now, depending on Ethan's ability to transition to more solid foods, etc. there may be a time that he struggles to maintain proper nutrition and growth (most kids with PBD are small and struggle with eating/proper nutrition and many are tube fed, to insure adequate calories/hydration).
- Please pray that Ethan would continue to transition to more solid foods and that he would learn to drink out of a sippy cup. He doesn't want anything to do with it, and we've tried a lot of different styles, even one with a straw. He still won't really hold his bottle and drink from it, but we won't be taking his bottle away until he really masters a cup - which could be a long time from now.
- Pray that he will easily transition from the infant formula to the toddler formula and that it won't cause any additional tummy trouble (he still has difficulty going #2 a lot of the times even with the prescription medicine he takes to help him go).
- Pray for all families impacted by PBDs, and especially remember those whose little ones are in Heaven.
- Pray for treatments and a cure. Pray that the Lord would enable the doctors and researchers to make breakthroughs that would increase the quality of life for children with PBD.